Thursday, September 11, 2008

My first step.......

Step one. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and our lives had become unmanageable.

How I know I am powerless


T
he thought of drinking creeps into my head while doing other things that require me to be sober.
I have caught myself planning when I would be able to drink.
I have chosen beer over family, friends.......well, everything really.
I cannot stop with one or two.
Drinking has caused almost all of my current problems.
I do things that are very unbecoming of me when I am drunk, things I would never do sober.
I have blackouts.
Sometimes the beer isn't even enough anymore.

How my life has become unmanageable
Instead of doing
-housework
-childrens activities
-home repairs
-anything.....I drink.
i have forgotten anything that ever made me happy.
I don't know what I am interested in.
Beer had become my friend, my hobby, my focal point.
I shut out my friends and family.
I don't know what to do when I'm not drinking, BUT I dont do anything when I do drink.
I have become a wreck, my mind, my body, my house, my life, my family
I stay away from places where I have to be sober.
I do not like who I've become inside or outside.


This is how my life is unmanageable and how I am powerless over alcohol.
On to step 2...

No comments: