Monday, April 21, 2008

Keeping it positive

The most important thing about visits with the kids is keeping it positive. Not talking about whats going on. The kids tell me that they like their new school. Damon is in a school just for kids with learning disabilities. (slow reading and writing and such). Kylee says she is popular at her new school. With spring being here, we can easily talk about the things we can do this summer. Well, I do most of the talking, they usually have the negative stuff to say about it.

I know Holly can see the desperation in my eyes when I keep getting hit with their sharp tongues. It is hard sometimes to come up with things to keep talking about to fill my visits. I stayed for about 3 hours on Sunday. I still wasn't feeling 100 percent. So I mostly sat on the ground and watched Damon skate. Kylee didn't come outside with me until it was about time to eat so she had to go right back in. She mostly hung in the house watching tv. Maybe next time she will hang out a little more.

No comments: