Thursday, April 24, 2008

What happens now?

My visit with the kids went well last night. We talked and hung out. Damon sat on my lap. He was heavy! He gained 12 pounds. Holly said her rule is eating at least half of whats on his plate. Where normally he only picks at his plate at home. He ate potatoes! Thats a big deal, this boy insists that he doesn't like potatoes. (Except fries of course)

Holly took them to the doctor yesterday. Kylee got 5 shots and a TB test. Damon just got the TB test. They gave her the Gaurdisil (sp) shot to prevent cervical cancer. I am kinda up in the air about that. I still haven't decided weather I wanted her to have it or not. On one hand its a wonderful thing. But it's relatively new, and the long term effects are not known yet.
When the chicken pox vaccine came out, I jumped on it and got it for Kylee. However, I wasn't told at that point that she would have to get the vaccine every 10 years or so for the rest of her life because it wears off and as an adult chicken pox is life threatening.

Lets just hope that there never comes any complications from this shot. Who has the right to make her health care decisions? They are still my kids, I still have rights. But I'm not going to make a stink about this. The goal is to get my kids back. Not to make trouble.

So what happens now? Its a game of hurry up and wait. They have been gone two weeks today and the only thing that has happened is... nothing! A couple of court dates for custody. A lot of bitching at me. And then, nothing. If I haven't drank. Jason is not there, then what is the problem? I want them back now. There is no need for them to stay away. I am not a danger to them! But thats how they make me feel.

No comments: